Email marketing can be primarily categorised into 2 types – Newsletters & Email Campaigns. There are 2 main objectives for conducting an Email Marketing Campaign:
- To keep existing clients updated with the most recent happenings, newly launched products & services, sales, offers, etc.
- To connect with new & prospective clients to make them familiar with your product/service and what role it could potentially play in their lives
Some of the key points to keep in mind while strategizing an email campaign are:
- Should have a very catchy subject line
- The content should be as recent and fresh as possible
- Campaign should be scheduled according to office timings – it is preferred not to send out marketing emails during office hours
When it comes to digital marketing conversions, there isn’t a more powerful channel than Email marketing campaigns, especially increasing website traffic. The average click-through rate of an email campaign is around 2 to 3%, if content and subject line of the email are relevant.
Hence, building your email list, unlike building a social media following, is a stable long-term investment that will pay off for many years to come.
Read The Do’s & Don’ts Of An Email Marketing Campaign to know how to write an effective email marketing campaign